Contact InformationJim Kirby
Manager, Internet Technologies,
Design & Content
Suite 2073, room #2077
Suite #2073, Rear
M-F: 8:00 - 5:00
The Community College of Rhode Island unveiled phase one of its mobile web initiative on Jan. 21, 2013. The first phase includes a mobile-friendly version of the most frequently visited pages of the public-facing www.ccri.edu site. A redirect option message to "Visit our mobile website?" is automatically offered to website visitors using mobile devices. The mobile site offers a more responsive design for small screens such as those on a smart phone or tablet. The mobile version of the site also can be viewed on a desktop or laptop at www.ccri.edu/mobile.
Please Note: At this time, CCRI's mobile site only includes the most highly visited pages from the main public-facing website: www.ccri.edu. It does not include a mobile-friendly version of the MyCCRI portal or the Banner Information System, which are separate systems within the overall CCRI web presence. Plans are underway to build a mobile versions of these areas but, until then, only the desktop/laptop versions of the portal and information system are available.
Also, in order to view MyCCRI, either on a computer or mobile device, you must follow the browser requirements of that system. Browsers that work with MyCCRI can be viewed here.
At its launch, the mobile site had 64 pages designed specifically for mobile devices; some of these include:
- About – A message from the president, contact information and related links.
- Admissions – What's New, Information Sessions, Learn how to Apply, Campus Tours and Adult learners.
- Calendar – View the academic calendar lists important enrollment dates, holidays and exam schedules.
- Campuses – Search for customized directions to each CCRI campus using Google Maps.
- Courses – Search for available courses by subject, day, time and campus location.
- Departments – Browse a listing of college departments, programs and services.
- Emergencies – Report an emergency, sign up for CCRI Alerts and access emergency and weather-related information.
- IT help – Check the status of CCRI’s IT systems, including MyCCRI and Banner, and access additional information technology resources.
- Library – Find contact information, search the Higher Education Library Information Network (HELIN) Consortium database for books, journals, government documents, DVDs, e-books and more.
- MyCCRI Login - a mobile-friendly login screen to the desktop version of the portal plus helpful links including a mobile page which allows students to view their current class schedule.
- News – Get the latest news about the CCRI community. You can share articles using email, Facebook or Twitter.
- Programs – Access information about CCRI’s academic departments, programs and courses.
- Search CCRI – Search the CCRI website using Google.
- Student life – Find out the latest news and activities from Athletics, Student Government and campus clubs. This section also provides access to OOHLALA, a mobile app for campus life.
- Twitter – Read CCRI’s latest tweets for real-time news and updates.
Visitors who wish to view the desktop version of the website while using their mobile device may do so by clicking "Full Site" at the bottom of the page.
In the future, additional pages will be added and adjusted based on feedback from the community and site traffic.
Share your feedback
Want to recommend a feature? Find a bug? Your ideas will help future development of CCRI’s mobile site. Please send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page developed and maintained by IT Web Services. Send comments and suggestions to .