Technology Training for Faculty & Staff
Self-Help ResourcesOnline Documentation
Tips of the Week
MS Office 2003
For More InfoFor more information about the technology training programs please contact the IT Help Desk at 401-825-1112 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Faculty and Staff
- For Faculty Only
General sessions for faculty and staff in popular supported software.
Custom training for faculty and staff on supported software for groups of minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 people.
Fully Online Workshops
- An online course to help you with creating your own presentations.
- Learn the basics of WebCT while you are building your own course. This course is accessed via the Internet from home or office and can be completed at your own pace.
- To register for either of these courses, please e-mail Norm Grant or Gene Grande. All you need is an Internet-connected computer and a sense of adventure!
Microsoft Office 2007 E-Learning
Microsoft E-Learning is a series of tutorials designed to help users become
familiar with the new 2007 Office applications.
- lets you learn at your own pace
- addresses specific training needs and learning styles, allowing individuals to learn the way they want to learn utilizing activities, exercises, games, and hands-on virtual labs
- allows learners to assess their knowledge before and after training, as well as track their progress and save their learning history
- delivers training right to the desktop, online or offline; which makes it easier to incorporate learning into individual schedules
- Become familiar with your college owned laptop
- Connect to the College network with your laptop
- Keep your laptop antivirus program up to date
- Securing your laptop
- Supported software
Sign up for this service to receive technology tips each week in your
Get information on this service and directions on signing up.
Annual Faculty Technology Training
This program is for faculty only and offered in mid August and during the January break to help integrate technology into curriculum.
Open Lab Sessions for Faculty
Faculty mentors will be available to help faculty with their technology questions. To schedule an appointment, please e-mail faculty mentors.
In addition, Gene Grande and Norm Grant will also offer open lab sessions
to assist faculty with projects.
These sessions are led by Information Technology staff and faculty members on supported software to orient students during class time. Examples of in class sessions include WebCT login or Pipeline Course Tools.
Faculty may request an in-class training session by filling out the online request form»