Contact InformationStephen A. Vieira
Director of Special Projects
Room #2074, Ste. 2073
A one-stop source of information about IT projects
The purpose of this site is to provide:
- A one-stop source of information about College IT projects
- Templates and methodologies to assist in the successful management of IT projects
- A filing system for project related documentation
- A communication vehicle for keeping stakeholders and users informed about project progress
Annually, the Information Technology Department assembles new proposals from departments and individuals across the campus.
- Each recommendation is accompanied with a project sponsor, charter and business case.
- These are shared with the IT Governance Process members for their review and prioritization using a grid that assists in the prioritization process.
- Each submitted entry is judged and weighted using various criteria.
- The sanctioned requests are then shared with the IT Division Directors to determine the resources, risks, challenges and time lines applicable to each appeal.
- Based upon this analysis, each Director adopts the top three or four projects which have been chosen for their individual divisions.
Refining the Project
- As the proposal goes forward, the plan can be refined as needed prior to execution of the project and particular individuals assigned to the project with the aid of the resource specifications made earlier.
- Effort information compiled can reveal the project’s progress relative to its plan and allow the accuracy of resource estimates to be judged.
Defining future project templates
- Plans and effort information gathered from completed projects will be developed into useful measurables upon which future projects can be based.