Contact InformationTel: 401-825-1112
About Office 365
The Community College of Rhode Island is pleased to announce a partnership with Microsoft to offer Office 365, a suite of online services, to all active CCRI students. The Office 365 suite includes:
Email, Calendar, Contacts
- Easily manage your email with 25 GB mailboxes, and send emails up to 25 MB in size.
- Work from almost anywhere with automatically updated email, calendar, and contacts across the devices you use most, including PCs, Macintosh computers, iPhones, Android phones, BlackBerry Smartphones, Microsoft Windows Mobile, and Windows Phones.
- Connect with all of the rich functionality of Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2010 or 2007, whether you’re online at home or school or working offline.
- Access your email, calendar, and contacts from nearly any web browser while keeping the Outlook experience with Outlook Web App.
- Use your existing domain name to create customized email addresses powered by Exchange Online.
- Schedule meetings by sharing calendars and viewing them side by side, seeing availability and suggested meeting times.
- Protect yourself from spam and viruses with Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange, which includes multiple filters and virus-scanning engines.
A few things
- Your email address will not change
- The webmail login will not change, but will direct you to a new page. Please DO NOT bookmark the page where you log in, only the starting link, webmail.ccri.edu.
A few things
- Access via mobile device or POP/IMAP application will need reconfiguration. Setup instructions for other mail clients, including mobile devices, can be found here: http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/ms.exch.ecp.EmailOnMobilePhone.aspx
- Password changes inside web mail will not work. You must use our self-management of management web page. Please visit: https://live.ccri.edu/smop/
- On May 17, 2013, current student email accounts will be migrated to Office 365. New students (starting Summer 2013) will be on Office 365 only. Your old Live@EDU email account (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) becomes your personal email account. This account is used to access your SkyDrive files and other Microsoft services like Messenger. If you have documents on your SkyDrive on the Live@EDU system you will still be able to access them by going to https://skydrive.live.com/
- The password for this account cannot be reset by Information Technology should you forget it. If you need help with this account, please see Microsoft account help.
Office Web Apps allow you to use web browsers to create, view, and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files online. Office Web Apps are browser friendly. It supports Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Microsoft Office Web Apps are convenient, online companions to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, offering an easy way to access, view, and edit documents directly from your web browser.
- Simultaneously edit files with others in real time, and see exactly who is editing and viewing your documents.
- Access and view files from your mobile device.View documents in high fidelity.
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .