SSL VPN Client Installation Instructions
The VPN Client will give you access to additional CCRI resources, including the ability to login and edit your WordPress website.
*Note: you only need to install the VPN Client once.
To install CCRI's SSL VPN:
- While Off-campus, open up a web browser (IE, Firefox or Chrome) and enter: https://ccriconnect.ccri.edu in the web address window
receive a website security certificate message. If so, click on the "
Continue to this website (not recommended)
- This will bring you to a Login screen.
- Select your CCRI department from the "GROUP" drop-down list.
- In the "USERNAME:" field enter your CCRI username
- In the "PASSWORD:" field, type your password
- click the "Login" button.
- Another dialog box will appear:
- Click Continue
- This will bring you to CCRI's WebVPN Service home page:
- To install the client, click on the AnyConnect link in the left navigation pane.
- Click the Start AnyConnect link:
- This will begin the install of the Cisco AnyConnect client. A Security Alert box will appear. Click Yes to proceed with the download of the VPN client.
- The AnyConnect VPN software will automatically establish a VPN connection.
- You have now successfully installed the VPN client and established a connection. You can close out your browser.
- To verify that you are connected on a Windows 7 machine, you may have to click on the little up-arrows in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen to see the icon:
- The VPN icon will appear in the system tray in the lower right-hand corner of the screen near the time display:
- You can now close out your browser. It is not needed to use the client.
- To end your VPN session, right click on the VPN icon in the system tray (see above for location) and select Disconnect.
This page developed and maintained by Network and Telecommunications. Send comments and suggestions to .