Computer Lab Rules and Procedures
- Priority of Use
- Holidays and Break Schedules
- Downloading Software
- Saving and Backing Up Data Files
- Printing in Labs
- Cellular Phones and Pagers
- Use of Software Documentation and/or Instructor's Materials in the Computer Lab
- Help with Class Assignments
- Password Protection
- Student Responsibilities
- Policy on the Responsible Use of Information Technology
- Children Under 18
- Reporting Problems
Computing facilities at CCRI are available to all currently enrolled
students, faculty and staff.
Students who have class-related assignments will be given first priority to use the
computers in the labs.
The lab is an open lab, with the hours of operation posted in several
locations and the web. Students
can use the lab whenever it is convenient to them, but during heavy usage periods a 60-minute time
limit will be imposed and a waiting list established. Students that are asked to finish up after
their time is complete should do so immediately.
During holidays and breaks, normal schedules change. Please check the Computer Lab Holidays page for holiday and break schedules.
Installation of software by students is not permitted in the labs.
- Students are required to provide their own USB devices saving their data files. It is suggested that all media be labeled.
- Students are encouraged to save their files frequently to help prevent loss of work.
- USB devices should be placed in the machine before accessing the chosen
application package so
that the computers can scan for viruses.
- Please safely remove USB devices from the drives before leaving the Lab.
- USB devices that are left behind and turned in may be found in the Lost
& Found. Please ask lab
stall for help in locating missing USB devices.
- There is a print management system in place.
- Printing is limited to college-related work.
- Special paper (resume stock, transparencies, labels, envelopes, etc.)
causes paper jams in the
printers and therefore is not allowed.
Cellular phones and pagers should be placed in quiet mode and used outside the lab.
Users needing to use documentation and/or material reserved by their
instructors within the lab will
need to leave adequate identification when they check out the material. The acceptable forms of
identification are a Student ID or a driver’s license.
Staff and student employees are available in the labs to answer general
questions and assist with
software and hardware problems. It is the responsibility of the student to learn to use the software
and know the information related to class assignments. Documentation and tutorials are available here .
Although the College employs various measures to protect the security
of its computing resources and
of its user accounts, users should also engage in "safe computing" practices. This might be done by
protecting their passwords, changing passwords regularly, and logging out of their accounts
before leaving the lab.
- Sexual harassment, downloading or displaying obscene material, copyright infringements, and the transmittal of viruses will not be tolerated in the lab.
- Use only computer accounts you are authorized to use.
- Respect the rights of others. Respect license agreements and copyrights.
- Respect the integrity of computing equipment, systems, and data.
- Observe the "No Food or Drink " rule.
Policy on the Responsible Use of Information Technology
Students using the lab must conduct themselves in a manner in keeping
within the rules of conduct as
described in Policy on the Responsible Use of Information Technology.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their appropriate behavior.
- Children are not allowed to use any lab equipment.
Problems with hardware or software should be reported to the Staff
or the lab manager immediately
so that repairs can be expedited.
Any concerns addressing the Information Technology policy, procedures,
or staff members in relation to the
Academic Computer Labs should be sent via email to email@example.com
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .