Help Desk Staff Assistant
Help Desk Support Specialist (Lecturer, part time hourly, no state benefits)
CCRI students are not eligible for this position.
This is an entry-level position providing technical assistance to CCRI students, faculty and staff. The position is responsible for first level problem determination, problem/incident recording, problem resolution and problem escalation for IT supported products and services.
These products and services include wireless connectivity, PC and Macintosh desktops, desktop application software, online education software, peripheral devices, and others.
Hours: 19 hours a week
Monday thru Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
With assistance, resolve problems reported to IT Help Desk.
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution with hardware, software and applications problems and wireless problems.
- Courteously obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal service personnel. Demonstrate consistently good customer service skills.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the Track-It database.
- Escalate problems as appropriate.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation.
- Utilize float time to improve skills or complete special projects.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Help Desk supported products and services.
- Completes projects as assigned
- Associate's degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required
- Able to communicate effectively over the phone or in person.
- Able to write clearly and concisely.
- Sufficient maturity in interpersonal development needed to contend with potentially difficult situations and users.
- Desire and aptitude to learn information technology support functions and processes
- Basic computer knowledge – the more the better.
- Prior experience in a customer service position highly desirable
- Able to work in a fast-changing, stressful environment where you must be flexible and learn quickly.
We will review your application and let you know if we are interested in speaking with you. If so, we will arrange with you a time and place for your first interview.
*Please note that phone calls regarding this position will not be accepted.*
Thank you for your interest! Information Technology Help Desk.
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .