In order to facilitate the support process, members of the CCRI Community are requested to:
- Provide detailed information regarding service requests.
- Make every effort to be available to communicate with a Desktop Support Specialist if required.
- Provide consent for a Desktop Support Specialist to access the computer remotely when requested.
- Leave the computer on for the time period specified when a campus-wide remote update is announced and follow instructions provided.
- Notify the IT Help Desk in advance of any pre-determined required assistance.
- Check the IT website frequently for information and many links to self-help assistance.
- Exercise patience by understanding the volume of requests the IT Help Desk receives each day and the rationale for assessing service priorities.