Windows 8 FAQS
Where can I find more information about Windows 8?
Microsoft's most up-to-date Windows 8 site can be found here:
When will lab and classroom systems be upgraded to Windows 8?
Fall 2013, IT managed lab and classroom systems will be imaged with Windows 8 and Office 2013.
Your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 20 GB available hard disk space
- 1366 × 768 screen resolution
- Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Microsoft account (LiveID) required for some features
- Some features such as touch and Client Hyper-V may require advanced or Windows 8 certified hardware
The Windows To Go feature requires advanced hardware. To learn more about USB drives certified for Windows To Go, please visit www.microsoft.com/WindowsToGo .
If you have an older printer, scanner, web cam or other device that you connect to your computer, check with the manufacturer to verify that the device you have is supported for Windows 8, and that driver software is available. Microsoft provides a good starting point to check for that:
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to