- Why does the screen re-adjusts when turned in a different direction?
- Save time using Spotlight
- Redefine your Home button
- Add a website to your Home screen
- Faster Websites
- Group your icons
- Save a web image
- Access websites quicker
- Quick volume mute
- Quick scroll to the top of any page
- Restrict your Spotlight searches
- Easy Mute
Depending on how you are holding the iPad the screen will automatically re-adjust itself. (vertical or horizontal)
Use the Spotlight search engine in place of searching through long lists in either iTunes or your Contacts. Tap the Home screen to the right to access it or press the Home button. Start typing and search results will appear grouped by what app they can be found in.
Double-clicking takes you to the home screen by default but you can change that result by going to General then Home and reset it to Search or iPod.
Instead of searching for a website in Safari’s bookmarks. Tap the "+" icon in Safari's toolbar and then tap "Add to Home Screen".
Save time in Safari by typing the web address and then using the iPad's ".com" key in the keyboard. If you press and hold that .com key, you get other options like .edu or .org.
To make it easier for you to group your apps there are 11 different home screens. (Work, Home, video, etc.)
- Tap and hold any icon then begin to rearrange them.
While in Safari, tap and hold on an image and select Save Image from the menu.
- Hold down the .com key you get access to a menu that offers other options too.
- Press and hold the Volume-down button
- Tap the title bar at the top of the screen, and you’ll scroll back up to the top
- Swipe left on the Home screen to reveal the Spotlight search (Default searches everything including songs in your iPod, podcasts, apps and events)
- Holding down the volume down button for about two seconds will mute your iPad.