- Where is the copy/paste function?
- Turn on the Caps Lock
- How to get quick contractions
- Quick quotes
- Add a full stop
- Select and hold to bring up the magnifying glass
- Drag to position the insertion point
- Tap the insertion point to display the selection buttons.
- Tap Select to select the adjacent word, or tap Select All to select all text. (Double-tap a word to select it.)
In read-only documents:
- Select and hold a word to select it.
- Drag the grab points to select more or less text.
- Select text
- Tap Cut or Copy
- Tap the insertion point
- Tap Paste to insert the last text that you cut or copied. (Select text then tap Paste to replace the text).
To undo the last edit made
- Shake the iPad gently or tap the undo button on they keyboard
Double tap on the shift key to turn Caps lock on
- The iPad automatically adds the apostrophe. You tap the space bar to accept it and keep on typing.
- Tap the .?123 button to reveal numbers and additional symbols.
- Press and hold the comma key. A pop-up balloon appears with an apostrophe. Release to create the apostrophe
- Tap and hold over the ? key and a quotation symbol appears
- Select by moving your finger upwards
- Double tap the space bar at the end of a sentence. (adds a full stop and a space)
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .