Locations & HoursFlanagan Campus:
ROOM 2602, second floor in the IT Department
Newport County Campus:
Hours:Monday through Thursday:
8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
9:00-1:00 (fall and spring only)
Collaborative Technology Suites
A NEW SPACE for creating multimedia presentations:
Faculty can now assign students multimedia
projects which can be created in specially
equipped rooms on each campus. (Knight Campus CTS temporarily closed.)
The suites are spaces for students who want to use technology to work on group projects or create presentations.
Drop by and check out the recently created Collaborative Technology Suites on the Flanagan, Liston and Newport County campuses.
- Faculty are encouraged to schedule classes for a CTS overview if students are expected to produce multimedia presentations for class.
- Each suite can be scheduled for up to two-hour blocks by contacting the Department of Information Technology (IT) at 401-455-6111.
- Initial training required for 1st time users.
- Groups are limited to six students.
Some of the technologies available for use include:
- PCs, iMacs and laptops with Windows, Safari and MS Office
- Smart Sympodium Interactive writing display
- Document camera (3-D visual presenter with recorder)
- DVD/VCR recorder
- Projection system with whiteboard surface for interactivity
- Flip video camcorder
- Flatbed scanner
- MS Moviemaker, Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash, InDesign, Final Cut Express, Audacity, Jing, etc.)