Information on Hiring a Part-Time Employee
The following pages were designed to assist part-time employees, as well as supervisors of part-time employees, with any questions that may arise while employed at the College.
These employees are by definition part-time, temporary, non-benefited employees. There are five main categories for this type of staff:
- Adjunct Faculty - Individuals hired to teach credit courses.
- Coaches - Individuals hired to coach within the Athletics Department.
- Guest Lecturers, Speakers or Event Participants - Special event speakers or classroom guest lecturers hired for a limited period of time, typically only one or two visits.
- Lecturers - Non-teaching staff who are hired to work no more than 19 hours per week.
- Non-Credit Instructors - Individuals hired to teach non-credit courses for the Center for Workforce and Community Education (CWCE).
Employment forms are required only for employees who are new to CCRI, or if there is a lapse of employment of one year or more for returning employees.
ALL employment documents must be completed and returned to the Office of Human Resources prior to the requested start date. In order to ensure that employees are hired and paid on time, the employing department should allow at least two weeks for the hiring process to be completed from start to finish.
For Non-Teaching Lecturers and Non-Credit Instructors, a timecard for the previous month worked must be approved by both the employee and the supervisor, and forwarded to the Payroll Office by the first of every month. The employee may not be paid on time if the timecard is received in Payroll after the first of the month. All non-hourly employees (adjunct faculty, coaches, faculty stipends) are paid on an installment basis for each semester of work; timecards are not used in this case.
Payroll checks are issued on the third Wednesday of every month. Checks are mailed to the employees house. If the employee is enrolled in direct deposit, he/she will receive his/her pay stub by email.
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION:
- Advertising for a Part-Time Position
- Electronic Timesheet Processing
- E-mail Access
- Employment Policies & Procedures for Part-Time Employees
- Hourly Rates
- ID Cards
- Flow Chart
- Payroll Schedules & Calendars
- Workflow Instructions
This page developed and maintained by The Office of Human Resources. Send comments and suggestions to .