Need More Benefits Information?Contact:
Manager of Human Resources
The following is a summary of benefits available to eligible† employees. Eligible employees are only those employees on the State Bi-Weekly Payroll working at least 20 hours per week. Benefit eligibility is dependent upon your position classification and the stipulations of your collective bargaining agreement.
- Health Benefits
- Medical Insurance†
- Dental Insurance†
- Vision Care†
- Civil Union/Domestic Partner Spouse Benefits†
- COBRA (Continuation of Health Insurance)†
- Early Retiree Reinsurance Program and Grandfather Status
- FY2013 Bi-Weekly Co-Shares & Rates
- FY2014 Bi-Weekly Co-Shares & Rates
- Information on Health Coverage Under Age 26
- Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Disability & Insurance Benefits
- Education Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Leave Benefits
- Other Benefits...
- Athletic Facilities
- Charitable Giving
- Child Care
- College Savings Payroll Deduction Plan (College Bound Fund)†
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program†
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Account†
- Library Privileges
- Parking (free)
- Pre-Tax Incentives†
- Travel Reimbursement
- US Savings Bond Payroll Savings Plan†
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
Upon hire, a Benefits Counselor from Human Resources will schedule a one-on-one benefits counseling session with each new employee. This counseling session is geared to review the benefits for which the employee is eligible, to give in-depth details about each of these benefits, and to provide an opportunity to process the appropriate paperwork to initiate those benefits that best meets the employee's needs.
Many of the benefits have an "open enrollment" period at least once per year so that one may initiate or make changes as appropriate.
Depending on benefit selections made, some may require contributions from the employee.
Any applicable booklets, enrollment forms and premium information is available by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
This page developed and maintained by The Office of Human Resources. Send comments and suggestions to .