John H. Chafee Society
Father of the Community College
Considered by many to be the “father of the Community College of Rhode Island,” as governor, John Chafee worked hand-in-hand with educators, driving the agenda to establish an accessible, affordable institution dedicated to educational excellence for all. As our United States senator, Chafee continued as a tireless advocate for the college, supporting its expansion and educational goals.
We are proud to name the CCRI Foundation Gift Planning Program after Senator John Chafee and hope people, for years to come, will follow in his path as advocates for and supporters of this extraordinary institution.
A legacy of learning
The Community College of Rhode Island thrives on making a difference in people’s lives. We are an institution of higher education. A place where students acquire critical skills and gain an understanding of the world around them. A place where professors possess a passion for teaching and excite their students about learning every day. It is a place where administrators and staff devote abundant energy to ensuring excellence and efficiency in every aspect of student life.
CCRI is a place that fosters economic development by providing highly-skilled workers for thousands of Rhode Island businesses. A place in which educators, staff and students take great pride. It is a place where memories are made. And it is the foundation on which our students build the rest of their lives.
By giving a gift to CCRI, you ensure our continued success. Together, we are a community. We provide guidance. We teach. We develop. We encourage. We inspire. And for those touched by our community, the connection lasts a lifetime.
Your support of the college is critical to the future of our students. Please consider creating a legacy of learning today…
The Future of Our Students
Giving a Gift to CCRI is Beneficial to You:
A planned gift allows you to:
- Establish a permanent legacy
- Provide support to the College you care about
- Increase interest earnings
- Earn possible tax advantages, including tax-free interest
- Provide a signature charitable deduction
- Become a member of the prestigious Chafee Society
- Be honored on the CCRI Foundation Donor Recognition Wall & named in the Foundation’s Annual Report
- Receive invitations to the CCRI Major Donor Recognition Reception and other events for special friends of CCRI
Giving a gift is simple and rewarding.
A gift to the CCRI Foundation can be made through a:
- Will or Trust
- Gift Annuity
- Charitable Trust
- Outright Gift
- Retirement Fund Designation
- the largest nursing program in NE and 4th largest graduating class of nurses among community colleges across the United States
- the placement of 95 percent of graduates into a job or four-year institution
- over 46,000 graduates, the majority of whom stay & work in-state
- more than 17,000 credit and 22,000 non-credit students make CCRI the largest of RI public institutions
- an annual enrollment of 17 percent of all RI high school graduates
Your gift will help more students make a difference of their own.
The CCRI Foundation was established for the express purpose of encouraging, seeking and providing support from private sources. The CCRI Foundation uses funds to build a self-perpetuating endowment for the college to provide scholarships, professional development resources and enrichment of the academic environment.
For more information on giving opportunities, please contact the CCRI Foundation Office:CCRI Foundation
1762 Louisquisset Pike
Lincoln, RI 02865
Phone: (401) 333-7150
A Legacy of Learning.