- Professor, Human Services, CCRI, 1971- Present; Department Chair, 1971-1987.
- Assistant Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1967-1971.
- Pawtucket West High School, English/Social Studies.
- Part-time teaching: Brown University, Clark University, University of Rhode Island,
Rhode Island School of Design, Roger Williams College, and Cape Cod Community College.
- Director, Dormitories, Clark University.
- Newspaper Reporter; Press Secretary, Governor of Rhode Island; TV Documentary Writer;
and Advertising Copy Writer.
- Professional Musician (piano); concert producer.
- Superintendent of Schools.
- Music Writer, Various Newspapers and Magazines.
- Jazz Historian.
RHODE ISLAND COLLEGE
Post-Graduate, Program in Educational Leadership
NEW ENGLAND EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE
Advanced Studies in Psychology
Ph.D., American Culture and Government; Modern European History
MAT, American History/Education
BA, International Relations
Presentations and Activities
- American Association of School Administrators
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Rhode Island School Superintendents Association
- Rhode Island Association for Curriculum Development
- New England Organization of Human Services, President, 1985 – 1987
- Pawtucket Historic District Commission, Vice Chair
- Pawtucket Arts Council, Volunteer Executive Director: As Executive Director of The Pawtucket Arts Council, John Worsley has managed a wide
range of musical productions including: Scott Hamilton, Gene Bertoncini, The Providence Mandolin Orchestra andThe Pandora Mandolin Ensemble, to name a few.
- Providence Art Club
- Providence Federation of Musicians, Executive Board Member
- The University Club, Providence, Entertainment Committee
- Home Health Services, Board Member
- Preservation Society of Pawtucket, Vice President
- Providence Federation of Musicians, Board Member
- Rhode Island Historical Society, Executive Board
- Friends of RISD Museum
- Midcoast Maine Jazz Society
Awards & Honors
- NDEA Fellowship for Improvements in Teaching, Clark University
- Ford Foundation Fellowship, Educational Innovations, Brown University
- President's Award from the National Organization for Human Services