Publications - Books & Articles
Articles & Websites, by Topic
Diversity, Inclusion and Leadership
- A Policy and Legal "Syllabus" for Diversity Programs at Colleges and Universities
College Board Access & Diversity Collaborative, American Council on Education
- Diversity Matters, McKinsey & Company publication.
Vivian Hunt, Dennis Layton, Sara Prince
- Fostering Innovation Through a Diverse Workforce, Forbes | Insights.
- Four Paths to Mindful Inclusion, Cook Ross Blog
Howard Ross, Founder & Chief Learning Officer
- Guess Who Doesn't Fit In at Work
Lauren A. Rivera, New York Times editorial, May 30, 2015
- How Diversity Makes Us Smarter, Scientific American.
Katherine W. Phillips
- National Institutes of Health Addresses the Science of Diversity.
Hannah A. Valantine and Francis S. Collins
- Diversity Fatigue,The Economist
- Corporate America is Not on a Path to Gender Equality, Women in the Workplace 2015, a comprehensive study that is part of a long-term partnership
between LeanIn.Org and McKinsey & Company.
- How Not to Be ‘Manterrupted’ in Meetings: A Guide for Women, Men and Bosses,Time.com.
- How Sex and Gender Influence Health and Disease - an Infographic, National Institutes of Health, Office of Research on Women’s Health.
- Speaking While Female, The New York Times.
Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant
- Transgender Lives: Your Stories, The New York Times.
An interactive page of personal stories where you can add your own.
- Women in IT: The Facts, National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT)
Catherine Ashcraft and Sarah Blithe
- Gap or Trap? Confidence Backlash is the Real Problem for Women, The Conversation
- Dealing with Racist Patients, The New England Journal of Medicine.
Kimani Paul-Emile, J.D., Ph.D., Alexander K. Smith, M.D., M.P.H., Bernard Lo, M.D.,
and Alicia Fernández, M.D. (Alternative access)
- The Impact of Neighborhood Socioeconomic Status and Race on the Prescribing of Opioids
in Emergency Departments Throughout the United States, Journal of General Internal Medicine. (Alternative access)
Michael Joynt, Meghan K. Train et al.
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Pain: Causes and Consequences of Unequal Care, The Journal of Pain.
Karen O. Anderson, Carmen R. Green, & Richard Payne
- Unconscious (Implicit) Bias and Health Disparities: Where Do We Go from Here? The Permanente Journal.
Irene V. Blair, John F. Steiner, Edward P. Havranek
- NEW Race-Based Drugs, Charmaine Royal, Ph.D., DU Department of African & African American Studies