Professors in ProgramEdward Hanrahan
Land Surveying Jobs
By the numbers …
- Surveying jobs in Rhode Island are expected to increase in demand by 16.2 percent by 2014, above the 10.7 percent growth rate for all industries in the state.
- The median wage for surveyors in Rhode Island is $22.90 per hour.
- Some 479 firms in Rhode Island are involved in architectural and engineering services, employing an average of 3,383 workers.
- Civil engineering jobs are expected to increase by 17.1 percent by 2014, with 98 open positions each year at a median wage of $31.52 per hour. CCRI land surveying program graduates can transfer to URI’s civil engineering bachelor’s program.
Source: R.I. Department of Labor and Training (2011)
This is a list of other careers that await you:
- Land Surveyor
- Land Surveyor Assistant
- Project Engineer, Land Development
- Landscape Architecture
- Civil Engineering
- Construction and Building Inspector
Also look at the United States Department of Labor for information:
- Civil Engineering Technicians
- Civil Engineers
- Landscape Architects
- Surveying and Mapping Technicians