ENGT Course Outcomes
AutoCAD (Basic) (ENGT-1060)
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Introduce Students to the AutoCAD environment
- Create and modify standard objects and shapes
- Develop and maintain professional file management skills
- Work with and control object properties
- Utilize drawing tools and drafting settings; grid, snap, ortho, polar
- Customize the workspace and interface
- Use layouts and paper space effectively
- Create and work with multiple layers
- Annotate drawings with text, dimensioning, and tables
- Create pattern fills and hatching
- Determine proper scaling and utilize viewports
- Plot and produce professional drawings
ENGT 2090 - Advanced Solid Modeling
- Understand solid modeling concepts and terms.
- Be proficient in creating complex parts and assemblies.
- Understand the use of advance mates and mechanical mates when creating an assembly
- Be able to create working drawings from parts and assemblies including dimensions.
- Create animated models from part assemblies.
- Learn to use rendering tool for presentation work.
- Learn to use the sheet metal design capabilities of the software.
- Learn to use the mold design capabilities of the software.
- Implement all facets of design process including stress and deflection analysis.
- Evaluate the effects of substituting various materials for a particular design scenario.