Rights and Responsibilities
Every student with a documented disability has the following rights:
- Equal access to courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities available through the College.
- Reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Appropriate confidentiality pertaining to his/her disability.
Every student with a documented disability has the responsibility to:
- Meet the College's essential technical, academic, and institutional standards.
- Identify themselves in a timely manner as an individual with a disability when seeking an accommodation.
- Provide complete and appropriate documentation of the disability from a qualified, licensed and impartial professional.
- Comply with the CCRI Policies and Procedures Manual for Students with Disabilities when requesting reasonable and appropriate accommodations.Understand that receiving reasonable accommodations is NOT a guarantee of academic success.
- Accept certain ongoing responsibilities for planning, managing, monitoring, and communicating his/her accommodation needs.
- Hand-Deliver each Request for Accommodation Form (RFA) letter to professors at the beginning of the semester.
- Once the student and professor have discussed the student's accommodation needs and the professor has signed the letter, return the original letter to the Disability Services Office.
- Understand that the Request for Accommodation Form becomes effective on the date that it is signed by the professor and accommodations are not retroactive.
- Discuss accommodation needs with the professor both at the beginning of the semester and as appropriate throughout the semester.
- If a problem with accommodations is encountered, first attempt to resolve the problem with the faculty or staff member providing the accommodation. If the problem persists, report the problem to the Office of Disability Services, the coordinator will assist you with the resolution as soon as it is brought to their attention.
This page developed and maintained by Disability Services for Students. Send comments and suggestions to .