Full-Time Status Determination Process
The RI Promise Scholarship Program requires students to enroll full-time. All students are strongly encouraged to take 15 credits each semester to earn the required 30 credits each year. Some students with documented disabilities may be eligible to take a reduced course load while maintaining full-time status. Students who are approved for full-time status with a reduced course load may meet the full-time status requirements for the RI Promise Scholarship Program and may be exempted from the earned 30 credit per year requirement provided they comply with all other requirements of RI Promise.
At least one week prior to the first day of each semester, students must request full-time status with a reduced course load by completing RI Promise Scholarship Full-Time Status Request Form. The Disability Services for Students Office will review disability documentation and the student’s course schedule. If a reduced course load is warranted, a recommendation for full-time status will be forwarded to the DSS Program Director for final review and approval. Upon final approval, the Disability Services for Students Office will notify the Office of Financial Aid of the students who have been approved for this accommodation for the identified semester.
It is required that requests for full-time status be submitted to the Disability Services for Students Office at least one week prior to the first day of each semester.
• Requests for reduced course load apply to Fall and Spring semesters only. Please
refer to RI Promise FAQs for further information.
• Students must enroll in no less than three classes or nine credit hours per semester.
• Students cannot drop below these minimum levels without placing their full-time status with RI Promise in jeopardy.
• Students must meet with Disability Services each semester and request full-time status with a reduced course load at least one week prior to the first day of classes.
• Student must meet all other RI Promise Attestation of Understanding areas.
• Participation in the RI Promise Scholarship Program is contingent upon funding availability and this scholarship is limited to two years regardless of whether or not a student has been approved for a reduced course load.
If you have difficulty accessing the information on this page, please contact Web Services.