Online Learning Support for Faculty
The majority of students who take online courses at CCRI are enrolled in one of CCRI's
programs of study and are taking one or two online courses to complement their on-campus
Over 175 different courses have been offered online and over 200 sections offered
online in recent terms. Online courses make up a regular part of CCRI's offerings
and the choices students make for their education.
CCRI supports faculty teaching online environment in several ways.
- The Director of Instructional Technology and Online Learning in the Academic Affairs
office provides direction and guidance for effective teaching online and hybrid courses.
- The Effective Practices in Online Teaching, a four-week online course that instructs faculty in pedagogy and policy specific
to online teaching.
- The Faculty Forum, a Blackboard course with resources and a community of faculty and
staff interested in online and hybrid teaching. Email email@example.com to be enrolled.
- The Distance Learning Advisory Committee addresses matters pertaining to online course
quality, evaluation, delivery, structure
- The Distance Learning Policy outlines policy related to online learning;
- Online Learning for Students website provides information on what to expect in online classes for students.
- The Instructional Support team in IT provides technical support to DL faculty, particularly in creating courses
within the Blackboard Learning Management System and in use of other technology to
support teaching and learning;
- The Centers for Instruction and Technology on each campus, managed by IT, provide computers, specialized software, and locations
for training on technology.
Faculty members at CCRI interested in teaching online can contact the Director of
Instructional Technology and Online Learning or email firstname.lastname@example.org.