Distance Learning Notes - August 16, 2006
Members present: Linda Beith, Terry Squizzero and JoAnn Warren.
Working session to refine course content for the Distance Education Faculty Training. A WebCT course was established and committee members are currently reviewing content. The Distance Education Faculty Training course should be available in the Spring 2007 for its first pilot.
Members present designed a strategy for completing the task. Three sub-committees were established, each charged with developing materials focused on one of the three major topics:
- Instructional Design
- Creating a Virtual Classroom
- Assessing Student Learning
Each subcommittee will:
- Prepare an overview/introduction of the Unit;
- Create content for the unit utilizing existing and/or newly developed materials;
- Develop an activity (possibly a discussion question) that will engage the faculty member with the content; and
- Develop an assessment tool to help faculty focus on their needs
- Meet with VP of Academic Affairs to review Charge
- Report on progress made