Computing and Internet Access Requirements
To participate in CCRI Distance Learning (DL) courses, students are expected to be familiar with computers and the Internet. DL students must have access to the following equipment:
- A PC running Windows XP or later or a Macintosh running OS 10.4 (Tiger) or later.
- 128 Mb RAM (256 Mb highly recommended) and at least 2gb of disc space.
- An Ethernet or Wireless card
- T1, DSL, cable, or satellite high-speed connection
Internet / Browser
- Internet Explorer 7 or 8, Firefox 3.6, or Safari 4.0
- Acrobat Reader
- Windows Media Player
- Shockwave Player
- Sun Java Runtime Envionment 6 (Update 13 or higher) (required yo use with Blackboard)
- An Email account and a word processing software program.
- A sound card and speakers are required for some courses.
- Current virus software must be installed and kept up to date.
- Some classes may have specific class requirements for additional software. These requirements will be listed on the course information page.
Note that students are responsible for their own software and equipment maintenance and setup.
This page developed and maintained by Distance Learning for Students. Send comments and suggestions to .