Dr. Cap H. Frank
Assistant to the Program Director
Direct Support Professional Training
The Community College of Rhode Island and the J. Arthur Trudeau Memorial Center are offering a NEW, 10-week program to train students for careers as direct support professionals. Training sessions will include:
- direct support professional training, including topics such as crisis response training, CPR/first aid, healthy lifestyles, ethics, positive behavior support, introduction to mental health, aging and Alzheimer's topics, teaching and learning styles, sensitivity and awareness and working with people with developmental disabilities.
- customized PACE.2.Employment training including work readiness and employability training, communication skills training, human relations and more.
- job search assistance, mock interviews and guest speakers.
Learn more about our next session, which will begin April 28 in Newport.
In the final six weeks of the program, participants will complete a 85-hour internship at human services agencies throughout Rhode Island.
Contact program organizers to learn how you could receive a $1,000 stipend and can earn 6 college credits.
Potential students must:
- Be 18 or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED® credential.
- Have no past criminal record.
- Be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Be able to read and speak English clearly enough to understand how to provide patients with their medication and understand how to meet patient demands
Interested candidates can call 401-455-6161 for more information.
This page developed and maintained by PACE. Send comments and suggestions to .