Leadership Training for Rhode Island's Holistic & Integrative Caregivers
Gain and grow the confidence, clarity, and leadership skills to help shape the future of holistic and integrative healthcare in Rhode Island.
In this selective and intensive 40 hour, eight-week training, we will gather with other holistic and integrative caregivers from diverse backgrounds for meetings with experts from academia, hospital-based care, medical research, social entrepreneurship, and public health. We will engage with these experts on how to make the holistic and integrative healthcare sector more vibrant, fully employed, and influential.
You will complete this course with a stronger voice for advocating for holistic care; a health and wellness care vision to communicate to state leadership and the public; and the tools, support, and community to help you succeed.
Topics will include
- Effective communication: speaking our truth
- Conflict resolution and getting to yes
- Cultural competency for holistic caregivers
- Multimedia and social networking
- Understanding the state's healthcare landscape
- Developing a vision for holistic and integrative healthcare in Rhode Island
- Implementing hospital-based integrative healthcare programs
- Holistic healthcare and social enterprise
- Research literacy and partnership-building
- Effective engagement with the public and community health sectors
$470 + $5 registration fee
Applicants not selected will be fully refunded minus the $5 application fee.
Registration Deadline: August 14, 2014
Applicants selected by: August 21, 2014
Program begins on September 21, 2014
- Two full-day retreats to be held on 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Sunday September 21, 2014 and Sunday November 16, 2014, both at Warwick
- Eight evening classes to be held Thursdays, 6:00-9:00 p.m., September 25, 2014 to November 13, 2014, Shepard Building Providence
How to Apply
To apply for this course, you must: (Applicants not selected will be fully refunded minus the $5 application fee.)
- Be trained as a holistic or integrative healthcare practitioner. We welcome holistic caregivers of all backgrounds: massage therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, yoga teachers, holistic counselors, midwives, doulas, naturopathic physicians, reiki practitioners, herbalists, reflexologists, and others.
- Live, work, or practice in Rhode Island.
- Submit a c.v. and a 300-500 word essay outlining your present leadership skills and why you wish to take this training. Application Deadline: August 14, 2014
Partner Organizations supporting and promoting this training include: CCRI Program in Therapeutic Massage, Rhode Island Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Rhode Island Holistic Healers Association, Breathing Time Yoga, Reflexology Association of Rhode Island, and All That Matters Yoga and Holistic Health Center.
For more information: Contact course instructor Karlo Berger at Karlo@KarloBerger.com.
This page developed and maintained by CWCE. Send comments and suggestions to .