Resources for Assessment of Learning
The Center for Innovative Teaching, Learning & Assessment is building a bibliography
of resources to help instructors with the assessment of learning. The following books
are highly recommended. Additional entries are forthcoming.
- Angelo, Thomas A. and Cross, K. Patricia. (1993). Classroom assessment techniques: A handbook for college teachers. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Bain, Ken. (2004). What the best college teachers do. Cambridge, MA : Harvard University Press.
- Feldman, Jerome A. and McPhee, Doug. (2008). The science of learning & the art of teaching. Clifton Park, NY : Thomson Delmar Learning.
- McKeachie, Wilbert James et al. (2006). 12th ed. McKeachie's teaching tips : strategies, research, and theory for college and university
teachers. Boston, MA : Houghton Mifflin.
- Stevens, Dannelle D. and Levi, Antonia J. (2004). Introduction to rubrics: An assessment tool to save grading time. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing
- Suskie, Linda (2009). Assessing student learning: A common sense guide, 2d edition, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Walvoord, Barbara E. Fassler. (2010). Assessment clear and simple : a practical guide for institutions, departments, and
general education. San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass