Faculty Athletics Representatives (FAR)
A "FAR" is a member of the faculty at an NJCAA-member institution. He or she has been designated by the CCRI Athletic Department to serve as a liaison between the team, the athletic department, and the institution. Each institution determines the role of the FAR at that particular university or college.
According to the Faculty Athletics Representatives Association's Guiding Principles, the role of the FAR is: "... to ensure that the academic institution establishes and maintains the appropriate balance between academics and intercollegiate athletics." Click here to see all of FARA's Guiding Principles.
|Kevin Salisbury||Associate Director of Athleticsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Functions of the Faculty Representative
- Assist student-athletes and coaches in linking with college programs, resources, and support activities.
- Provide job or graduate school recommendations.
- Communicate to the college community the performance of individual student-athletes and teams.
- Support coaches in recruiting efforts if time permits.
- Attend the annual Spring Athletic Recognition Ceremony.
This page developed and maintained by CCRI Athletics. Send comments and suggestions to .