Learn more...Learn more about CCRI's presence on Facebook by reading the front page story (*PDF) in the Summer 2008 issue of the Green & White newsletter.
How to join CCRI on Facebook
Are you new to the social networking scene? To view the new page on Facebook:
- Go to Facebook.
- Click on the green Sign up button at the top of the screen.
- Fill in your full name, e-mail address and other information requested on the form and create a password for your account. Facebook requires that you provide your birthday to create an account, but you can make this information private by updating the privacy settings on your profile.
- Facebook will send a welcome message to your e-mail address. Click on the confirmation link in the email to complete your sign up.
- You may follow the prompts to find your family, friends and members of the CCRI community on Facebook, or click on Skip in the middle of the page to move to the next step. (You can search for family and friends later.)
- Enter the name of your high school, college and employer. If you wish to keep this information private, simply hit Save without filling in the blanks. (You can add this information later if you wish.)
- Enter the name of the city you live in. If you wish to keep this information private, simply hit Save without filling in the blanks. (You can add this information later if you wish.)
- Click on View and Edit Profile to see your account.
- In the search box, type CCRI. Click on Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI) to view the page. In the top right corner, click Become a Fan.
- Click Profile at the top of the screen to return to your profile. Under the Info tab you will see a link to the CCRI page. Click on the link to return to the page.
By completing the above steps and creating a profile on Facebook to become a fan of the CCRI page, you may post messages for other fans of the page on “The Wall” and find new friends in the CCRI community.
This page developed and maintained by Office of Alumni Affairs. Send comments and suggestions to .