Register to attendAdmission is free for CCRI students and faculty. For alumni and guests admission is $20, which covers the cost of CEU credits and a light lunch. Register now.
Questions? Call 401-333-7150.
Connect to the past: Care for the future
A CCRI Nursing Alumni Chapter conference
Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013
Newport County Campus
Have you ever had the chance to exchange information with someone in your position at another health care employer? Is he or she facing the same issue or challenge? Imagine a whole conference of such moments, with a room full of colleagues eager to share their stories.
Join us in Newport, where we will candidly swap notes you will find instantly valuable to advance your nursing career. Register now.
Keynote speaker Antonia G. McGuire ’75
Antonia G. McGuire ’75 is president and CEO of the Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center in Worcester, Mass. She will deliver a presentation titled, "Affordable Care Act: Evolution in health care, not revolution in health care."
Who should attend:
- CCRI’s nursing alumni, current students, faculty and their colleagues. Space is limited to 250 guests.
Benefits of attending:
- Learn about the components of the Affordable Care Act.
- Discuss the nurses’ role in the Affordable Care Act implementation.
- Learn from a panel of CCRI alumni professionals about the nurses’ role in transforming health care in Rhode Island.
- Earn CEU credits for attending the keynote and panel.
- Network with like-minded members of the CCRI nursing community.
- 8:30 a.m. – Registration and coffee
- 9 a.m. – Welcome and keynote presentation by Antonia G. McGuire ’75 (CEU session)
- 10 a.m. – Break
- 10:15 a.m. – "Health care in Rhode Island" panel presentations by Dr. Rosemary Costigan, Peter Ginaitt, Debbie Maaze and Robin Etchingham (CEU session)
- 11:30 a.m. – Light lunch, networking session and lab tours
- Admission is free for CCRI students and faculty with ID. For alumni and guests admission is $20, which covers the cost of CEU credits and a light lunch. Register to attend by Friday, Oct. 11.
This page developed and maintained by Office of Alumni Affairs. Send comments and suggestions to .