Learning Goals & Outcomes - Radiography
Program Goals: Students graduating from the Radiography Program will:
- be skilled in current practice as entry-level diagnostic radiographers.
- Students will use knowledge of anatomy and positioning to produce diagnostic radiographs.
- Students will skillfully operate radiographic equipment.
- Students will protect themselves, staff, patients, and visitors from excess radiation
exposure in the clinical setting.
- demonstrate the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Students will communicate orally with patients and staff in an effective manner.
- Students will communicate clearly and accurately in writing in the clinical and academic
- demonstrate the ability to think critically and solve problems in a clinical setting.
- Students will evaluate images for radiographic quality.
- Students will adapt imaging procedures and equipment in non-routine situations and
for special populations.
- act as ethical and responsible members of the healthcare team.
- Students will respond to the needs of patients.
- Students will respect patient confidentiality.
- Students will demonstrate attitudes and behavior consistent with professional standards.