Students completing the phlebotomy certificate will:
- Practice accepted standards for infection control and safety as mandated by OSHA and CLSI.
- Apply understanding of the importance of specimen collection and specimen integrity in the delivery of patient care.
- Perform venipunctures proficiently following CLSI standards.
- Perform capillary puncture following CLSI standards.
- Perform EKG proficiently.
- Perform specimen transport and processing according to CLSI standards.
- Apply appropriate quality assurance and quality control to waived laboratory testing according to CLIA regulations.
- Follow manufacturer's directions for CLIA waived tests.
- Communicate and interact appropriately with patients, staff and coworkers.
- Use computers in the workplace.
- Discuss policies and protocol designed to maintain confidentiality and to avoid medico-legal problems.
- Apply ICD-CM codes to clinical laboratory testing.
This page developed and maintained by Allied Health. Send comments and suggestions to .