Magnetic Resonance Imaging Admission Guidelines
APPLICATIONS FOR 2017-2019 (MRIC)
Minimum requirements to apply to the Magnetic Resonance Imaging program:
- CCRI application– Complete and submit a CCRI Application for Enrollment. General Studies should be
first choice; MRIC should be second choice.
- High school transcript– Send an official copy of a high school transcript or GED, including date of graduation
must be provided. If the applicant holds a baccalaureate degree from an accredited
college/university, the high school transcript may be waived; college transcript must
indicate completion and degree awarded.
- ARRT CERTIFICATE– Current certification as a Radiologic Technologist through the American Registry
of Radiologic Technologists. (ARDMS, American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
and NMTCB, Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board certifications are acceptable
- Placement testing– Complete a standardized test (ACCUPLACER) issued by CCRI’s Department of Advising
- Reading comprehension test must show competency of 80 or above or students must complete ENGL 0890: Critical
Reading with a grade of B- or better.
- English (writing) test must show readiness to take ENGL 1010: Composition I or students must complete ENGL
1005: College Writing with a grade of C or better. ENGL 1300 will not substitute for
- Math placement test must demonstrate competency by placing into MATH 1025 or complete MATH 0100 with
a grade of C or better.
- GPA– A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better for all college courses.
- PBHS Health Sciences application– Complete and submit an online Performance-Based Health Sciences application during
the open enrollment period. Deadlines are listed on the form. (www.ccri.edu/oes/admissions/performancedbasedapplications.html)
All the above requirements must be met satisfactorily BEFORE submission of the Performance-Based
Health Sciences application and does not guarantee acceptance. Students declining
acceptance into the program for the semester offered must resubmit a Performance-Based
Health Sciences application for the program and meet the current admission requirements.
Once accepted into the program, the student must attend a mandatory meeting conducted
by the Allied Health Department.
Background Check – Students are required to submit a background check when directed by notification
from Enrollment Services.
Policies for the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Program after acceptance:
- Applicants must have a physical examination and the required immunizations completed
prior to the start of MRIC 2260: Introduction to Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Students also must have a current CPR card (American Heart Association, Health Care
Provider level) obtained through an AHA recognized community training center (Course
is also available at CCRI – HEAL 0200) must be documented prior to the start of MRIC
2260: Introduction to Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
Please note: Requirements are subject to change.
For more information:
- Office of Enrollment Services, Knight (Warwick) Campus: Mike Hynes, 401-825-2266,
- If more specific information is needed, contact Aida Faria, Magnetic Resonance Imagining
Program Coordinator, at 401-333-7071 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MRIC Program Acceptance Sort Order
Applicants to the Magnetic Resonance Imaging program will be offered acceptance in
order based on their score on the national certification examination given by the
American Registry of Technologists. (ARDMS, American Registry of Diagnostic Medical
Sonographers and NMTCB, Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board certifications
are acceptable substitutes.)