Contact InformationHenry Chango
Academic Affairs Coordinator
Website Content Manager
Community College of Rhode Island Adjunct Faculty Association
The Steering Committee of the Community College of Rhode Island Adjunct Faculty Association (CCRIAFA) has adopted the following as our current Mission Statement (We welcome any comments or discussion on this statement).
CCRIAFA members should be aware that we see the Mission Statement as a living document that should be the subject of regular discussion, revisited from time to time, and updated when appropriate. We give it significance by our actions and interpretations.
The mission of the CCRIAFA is to promote professional equity and teaching excellence for all adjunct faculty, collegial cooperation with full-time faculty, active participation in the shared governance of the college, and the highest quality of education for all CCRI students.
As educators, we understand that only with faculty who share equally in the responsibilities and rewards of the profession can academic success and quality education be afforded all students at the Community College of Rhode Island. Students, therefore, must be provided with faculty, whether employed full-time or part-time, who undergo the same rigorous hiring, evaluation, and promotional processes; who are invited to departmental meetings and allowed to serve on college committees, including the shared governance process; who are provided with the professional dignity and peace of mind that health and retirement benefits provide; who are provided with the protection of due process and academic freedom; and who are able to invest in their professional future through an equitable system for achieving seniority, including, in the case of adjunct faculty, preference for full-time hiring.
In this regard, CCRIAFA is dedicated to achieving our mission by:
- Encouraging practices and policies that ensure our faculty is as diverse as the students we serve;
- Educating the public, as well as students, faculty, administrators, and legislators, about adjunct faculty concerns and issues;
- Serving as a coalition partner and resource for all academic organizations interested in promoting professional equity;
- Working to complement, enhance and reinvigorate the work that is already being done in faculty organizations, statewide and nationally, who share our mission goals;
- Creating alliances with other faculty, academic, labor, or social organizations, statewide or nationally, who share our mission goals;
- Seeking legislative means to achieve our mission goals;
- Constructively negotiating with the CCRI administration about the concerns and issues affecting all adjunct faculty; and
- Responding to and representing the interests of all CCRI adjunct faculty
This page developed and maintained by Adjunct Faculty Association. Send comments and suggestions to .